Monkey Fashionistas
Friday, February 25, 2005

After viewing the party photos (see below) you may ask yourself, "What the heck were those kids wearing?" If you really must know, they are wearing what all princesses absolutely must wear on their birthdays which are tutus. Of course being freezing outside, they couldn't sport just the tops and tutus, thus the pink leggings underneath. Additionally, the leopard print shirt went with the whole circus animal motif, but it was layered and trimmed with dainty pink ribbons for an extra feminine touch. White socks with pink ruffles and black mary janes finished the ensemble for a look we'll call "Jungle Chic." I really don't understand why everyone says the monkeys are already mini-divas. I can't help it if they get upset when their socks and outfits don't match. I have no idea where they got that from. Ahem.

Even though I had asked that no one bring gifts to the party, many rebellious guests went against the grain and gave the monkeys presents anyway. CaroleAnn and Jakie Baker brought them a Care Bears DVD a couple days beforehand. Anything with dancing bears is cool with them.
They got 2 beeyooootiful bouquets of pink flowers, some nice books including one I really love called My Mommy and Me, a Veggie Tales DVD,and some yummily Burt's Bees Baby Bees Lotion and Diaper Cream, which is our fave (from the Northern Aunties.) Their Aunty Tay, Uncle Caleb, and Cousin Ava E. gave them two new DVDs, Blue's Clue's Hug Day and 25 Years of Sesame Street Songs. We're not even gonna go there with everything their Uncle Bob and Aunt Sue brought them but the big thing was this. My ex's mom sent them alot of cute clothes and some moolah for diapers. Oh yes, and let's not forget the adorable singing bears I mentioned before from Auntie Barb in FL. They really are cute when you're not trying to sleep!!
I ordered them the Miffy Shape Sorter I had seen recommended in Parents magazine but that just got here yesterday. My Aunt Judy made them the warmest snuggliest blankets out of pastel Pooh Bear polar fleece material with kind of ragged floppy looking edges. Mommy may have to confiscate those and test them to make sure they're okay. Ha.
So people, if this is what happens when I say no presents, I don't want to think about what would occur if I said presents were allowed. Gracias for all the nice things.

My monks are blessed to have so many friends and extended family who love them. But how could you not love a couple of adorable smooching monkeys like these? I think their motto will be "All this and brains too." Too over the top? Perfect.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

what beautiful little monkeys. Lucky you.
love the page can I link?

3:01 PM

 
Blogger k8 said...

please do!

3:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... vasque heavyweight hiking boots lcd projectors

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Waseem said...

incredibly useful article There is a wealth of knowledge available right now that can help any type of organisation launch a fruitful social networking campaign. Car gearbox repair & replacement

12:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoooo! I have finally found a website that provides me with genuinely useful information on my research and knowledge. Mehndi design for special occasions

3:52 AM

 
Blogger Waseem said...

I appreciate another wonderful essay from you. Where else might someone find that kind of information written in such a perfect way? I'm looking for this information because I have a presentation the following week. winter streetwear outfits

1:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!