This is the kind of stuff I pray about...
Thursday, March 10, 2005

If you read my site regularly or if you have read my 100 things, you know that I am a Christian. Alot of the world today (especially the internet world) looks down on Christians, thinks of them as goody-goodies and fanatics. Being wild and crazy and partying hard is way cooler, or being like a new age hippy free spirit is cool but a Christian? Duuuuuude. Alot of folks, once they read on your blog that you're a Christian, click away real fast or just don't come back. So be it.

I think that I'm a pretty good example of a nonjudgmental nonfanatical Christian person not that I wouldn't like to tell you more but only if you email me and ask about it. I know from personal experience that the worst way to share is shoving something down people's throats. So, at the risk of you thinking I'm a nutjob, which really won't matter to me anyway because knowing I'm not going to Hell when I die is alot more important than peoples' opinions of me, I will share one of the things I pray about often with you, my friend and blog reader.

I pray that somebody really really famous will find salvation and proclaim it throughout the land as a witness to others. Okay, so Korn may not be massive celebrities but I think just about everybody under 30 has heard of them and when you think of them, you think of what? Wild and crazy berserk skater party tattooed pierced freaks who probably like to get drunk, get high, and so on and so on. Ha. Read this.

That, my friends, restores a little balance to my universe. Rock on.

7 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

I totally agree with everything you said!!:-)I also think it's great that one of the Baldwin's came to know the lord. I am thinking it is stephen. He ROCKS!:-)

7:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

k8; it's people like you, who give people like Korn, the inspiration to believe that there is a greater force at work in us. I'm so glad I got to know you and some of our other"non-fanatical" Christian friends. You have certainly restored some balance in my universe.The power of prayer is phenominal. Keep on witnessing lady. Brian Welch isn't the only one who rocks.

11:14 PM

 
Blogger The Rambling Taoist said...

Hi,
I'm just stopping by (looking at various blog sites). Why should it matter if a "famous person" finds "salvation" comparable to your religios beliefs?

Spirituality is a personal thing. Doesn't it say somewhere in the Bible about not being overly pious about one's beliefs? The important thing is for a person to change on the inside and to let their life, not merely their words or announcements, shine the light.

This message is from a Taoist.

6:07 AM

 
Blogger k8 said...

Dear Trey, You are exactly right. It is important to change on the inside and let your life shine the light. The Bible says that we are saved by Grace through faith, and that works/actions cannot give us salvation - only by being born agin can we be saved. Then when we are born again, the Holy Spirit is is us and He will shine through by way of our behavior etc. If you read the article I linked to, you would see that this is the perfect example. He rededicated his life to Christ, and therefore could not continue with the actions of his prior life. This is being born again. It matters to me when a famous person finds salvation because he is well known and may cause others to reexamine their lifestyles as well. (I believe Matthew Chapter 6 would be the book of the Bible you're referring to by the way. If you would like a copy I would be glad to send you one.) Direct quote from carm.org - you should check it out-it's on my links list- Only the Bible has the message of Grace. Grace is the unmerited favor of God upon His people. Grace is the undeserved kindness of God. Grace is getting the blessings we do not deserve. At the death of Christ we are blessed; we are given grace; we are given eternal life and forgiveness of sins. Only Christianity has the message of free forgiveness given. Every other religious system on earth has some form of salvation dependent totally or in part on what the adherents do. Not so with Christianity.

Ah, religion - that'll make the surfers comment!

9:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K8t you go girl.

12:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Venlafaxine anal doggy Gps car map portugual Japan webdesigners cobra 10 band esd9210 radar detector Oblivion pc game review long term weight gain with venlafaxine cheap prescription vicodin without 1991 nissan pickup price report Roaring 20 27s area rug Compare chart plotters answering appointment scheduling service appointmentquest Tenuate supplier Jennifer convertibles sofa accounting period dates big natural tits Soma medication weight loss pill colorado development site web Financial planning workbooks for canadians Ritalin on line cheap

9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Zyrtec download commercials At&t online payments Answering funny greeting machine Www.studentambassadors.orgreserveoutsourcing call centers 1998 chevy minivan omega watches

11:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!