The First Day Back After my "Break"...
Monday, February 13, 2006

...was like getting a slow, difficult double root canal with no anesthesia.

The part of every student brain containing a milliliter of Spanish knowledge was evidently sucked out by an alien substitute. I felt like the teacher on Ferris Bueller.

I yelled "Echo!" into the class from the front of the room and heard it reverberate back through the hollow openings in each teenage cranium.

Speaking of substitutes (Kurt, you will appreciate this one) the sub they gave me is this lady that is almost as tall as a miniature pony and who is a bit quirky. Let's just say that she likes wearing her old military uniform to work and leave it at that.

What I could understand of the notes went like this "First period was extremely (something illegible) murfled? and (something else) tankerivtous?" And so on and so on. So basically nothing was accomplished. Joy.

My students did act like they were glad to have me back which made me feel good. One class had made me a big ole card with hearts with their names and Get Well Soon in Spanish.

Awwwwwww.
locaprofesora

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

10:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!