Educational Pressure
Tuesday, March 07, 2006



The girls have an opportunity to attend a 3 year old Pre-K program starting in September. It's a Christian school that uses a curriculum starting from the get go so it's more like a structured environment as opposed to daycare. I love everything about the idea but now I'm worried if I'm going to be like a militant mother who pressures her kids too much.

Never having had children before I am kind of playing this thing by ear. I really don't know what the most appropriate age is to send kids to school. I do know that the girls love learning and they're getting so active they need something to keep their little minds occupied. The idea of this combined with the socialization concept makes me excited about it. It's a whole day thing but they can go 1/2 days if and when they feel like it.

We don't even know yet if they will get in 100% for sure til March 27 because they only take 15 and they won't accept applications til that exact date. Bob and Sue have informed me they will be sitting in the parking lot waiting for the school to open that day since I will be at work. Will it be a scene that reminds us of the Cabbage Patch Doll frenzies of the 80's, with rabid mommies jockeying for their positions in line?

Some other questions to consider:
~will the other kids feel inferior bc my kids are so smart?
~how freaking adorable will the girls be in little school uniform jumper thingies?
~should we send our early appplications to Harvard now or wait another year?


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

4:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!