Saturday, January 20, 2007

It was shocking to find out, while reading the hundreds of emails that have been flooding my inbox during this little blog hiatus, that the most oft asked question was not "Are you doing ok?" or "Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet??" Rather disturbingly, it was in actuality, "What will the girls' birthday theme be this year?"

Dear friends who have been reading for a while remember the last two bday parties well. The first well blogumented bday celebration's theme was __________________. Last year's theme was __________________. If you are not my mother or my sister and you can fill in these above blanks please seek psychiatric help. The answers are
Circus and Disney Princess.

As much as I tried to brainwash, I mean lovingly convince, my children that they wanted monkeys as their party theme, they stuck to their guns for Dora Starcatcher. If you don't know the difference they can tell you- there's regular Dora Parties and there's Dora Starcatcher party. For whatever reason this is waaaaaaaaaay better than just the regular Dora party.

I am feverishly gathering goodies for the favor bags. So far I have Dora mini-slinkies, Dora tattoos, Dora stickers, star shaped Dora Bubble bottles, Dora blowout thingies plus Dora cupcake toppers for their class party. I made their invitations myself. Sue and I are going to make a play area on one end the Church Hall that matches the map on the front of the invite- Cupcake Mountain, Candy Cave, and Birthday Bridge. We're gonna use an outdoor climbing thing, a refrigerator box, and a big indoor trampoline they got for Christmas. Stacy has not decided yet which Dora cake she is making. Either
this or this.

In case you haven't figured it out I am birthday obsessive and so is my sister. We help each other with our kids bday parties bc no one else understands our sickness. Oh well.

btw this Monday we are supposed to find out at 3pm if it's a boy or girl if the young mammal cooperates. I am partial to the idea of a boy, but really I just want a normal healthy little rugrat. The names we have picked are.....

yeah RIGHT! like I'm giving up all that info in one post. I'll tell you Tuesday. Promise.

xok8

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

myspace myspace

4:40 AM

 
Anonymous jewelry and clocks said...

myspace myspace

3:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!