Monday, August 29, 2005

I had forgotten how exciting staff meetings are. But really, I didn't yawn once. They made us stand up and say our name and the subject we're teaching. Guess who had to go first???

I do remember that there were lots of thingies with initials like SOL, AYO, TSW, and FYI none of which apply to me because the state only tests for those things in the "core" subjects- math, english and reading and sometimes history depending on the grade.

We each got manila envelopes with fresh supplies in them: 1 post-it pad, 2 red pens, 2 black pens, staples, (no stapler,) 1 box of paper clips, and some other little stuff I can't remember. Oh yes, I forgot there were free donuts in the cafeteria but I didn't eat any.

The teacher who had my job before left exactly ZILCH to go from so basically I have to do everything from scratch and figure it out on my own. Every teacher gets a laptop issued to them for the school year and they told me mine was at the other school. (I can't remember if I told you but I work at 2 schools. One is 10 minutes from my house and the other is 20 minutes past that in the same direction. In the morning first thing I go to the furtherest school for 3- 45 minute periods and teach 2 classes with a space in the middle. None of the classes are in the same room, by the way.) So anyways, I also had to hunt down my teacher's edition of the book, workbooks, and all other stuff cuz nobody knows anything and they want to help you but really they have no idea, but they're nice anyway. I ended up finding everything I needed by the end of the day. I went to the other school and got my computer. The one closest to me that I come to in the afternoon is my "home" school so I do have a desk there but I have to share the room with an ESL teacher. It's really not bad overall and I think it will be fun actually. For Spanish I it's pretty cool -they give you 2 weeks per chapter which is alot slower than I used to teach it. Hopefully I'll be able to get some fun activities in- which I love- instead of all just memorizing and stuff.

Oh yes, and there's a laminating machine and lots of colored bulletin board paper which will be fun. Bwah ha ha!

Arriba!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!