It might just be crazy enough to work, guys.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005


Okay I was reading Southern Living last night. Yes, I read Southern Living. It's the bomb. If you're a Yankee or some other odd species maybe you have never heard of it but the recipes are muy excelente.

Anyway, check this recipe out. At first I was all like, what? But then the more I think about it, the more intrigued I become.

Ice-cream Bread

Prep: 5 min., Bake: 45 min.


"This two-ingredient bread is terrific any time of day. Pop it in the oven while you're preparing supper, or serve it for afternoon tea. If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, toast a few slices for breakfast and serve with butter and jam."

1 pint (2 cups) ice cream, softened
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

Stir together ice cream and flour, stirring just until flour is moistened. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.

Note: Batter may also be divided evenly between 2 greased and floured 5- x 3-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.

Yield: Makes 1 (8-inch) loaf

Bizarre or delicious? I would tell you but I have neither of these things in la casa de monkey. Someone should make this, right? Plus, it's great any time of day and you have to love that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

11:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!