Flip the script
Sunday, July 31, 2005

I wanted to repost this oldie from April since it's very relevant to my life right now. Hope you like reading or re-reading it.

Birds and Flowers

You know, I think the exciting thing about this blog is that you never have any clue what I will be talking about next bc my brain is so random. I type whatever's on my mind at the moment, whether it be chocolate, God, my kids, shoes, or breakfast cereal. Today I have several things on my mind, all of which lead my brain to the following topic, which happens to be God-related.If you have read my 100 things, you know that I am a confessing Christian but I have not always been one. Not confessing like "Oh God I'm a sinner confessing my sins" but confessing like "I proclaim that I am a Christian." Am I making you nervous? Do you feel like you want to stop reading now bc I have already said God and Christian and proclaim? Don't worry I'm not going to try to force anything on you -I'm just talking about my personal issues and experiences. Alright back to my original point. I've been thinking about my favorite Bible verse/s. The whole Book and many specific verses have gotten me through a whole lot of cruddy stuff but near and dear to me are the following ones.

For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, `What will we eat?' or `What will we drink?' or `What will we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:25-34
So anyway I was saying these are near and dear verses to me bc in my mind they sum up God's coolness. And they serve alot of purposes. First of all, did you read those verses or skip over em like blahblahblah Bible. If you skipped, then go back and read them for real.Think about the last beautiful flower you saw whether it was outdoors or in an arrangement.
stargazercallawaterlily

HELLO. Look at the detail in just in those three species of lilies. How many more species of lilies, of flowers, are there in the world? Like a gazillion. Now how about the birds? The King James version says sparrow. How many species of sparrows are there?


swampsparrowGrasshprSprw3
whitecrownsparrow
There's like, a ton. Now what about all the other species and subspecies of birds? Now add up all the species and subspecies of plants and animals on the whole planet. Good googamooga Batman that'll boggle your little brain.Now, here's the thing. If God took the time and effort to make not only every single species of plant and animal, but every single individual one of those flowers and sparrows, why don't I believe that He cares about me? The Bible is like, what are you worrying about, you're a human being with an immortal soul and they're just flowers that will eventually wither up and die so dude, how can you even question that God loves you? If He cares that much about stuff that is here today and gone tomorrow, how much more does He love you who are alive forever? I think that's beautiful. Key phrase there: - seek the Kingdom of God first and everything else will fall into place.

Really I'm not lecturing you. These are hypothetical questions for myself because even though I know these verses by heart and sit here and type what they mean I'll still find myself freaking out when something throws me off or something happens that upsets me and I'm like WHATAMIGONNADONOW? IMDEADMEAT. And that's when they'll pop into my head and I'll tell myself, k8, consider the lilies.
Chill.

God is going to take care of you, oh you chick of little faith, get a grip.

God rocks like that.

xok8


(if you can't open comments right click the talking banana link and choose open in a new window)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!