RIP Cuddles
Saturday, May 07, 2005

cuddles
Let me just say that going into this I had no delusions of bunny grandeur. I did not picture me and the girls and Cuddles and Snuggles romping in a technicolor field on a sunny day with "Born Free" playing in the background. (Though now that I think about it, that would be cool.) No, I knew what the odds were from the getgo. Really, I didn't even expect them to be alive the first morning. I grew up with experiences of abandoned wild bunny babies and I know that most don't live.
A very nice well- meaning person left me a comment on the last bunny post, and really, I do appreciate it. I guess she thought that judging from what she read I was just a jokah, playing mommy with the baby bunbuns. I do have a tendency to look at things from a humorous standpoint, and I thank the manufacturers of Lexapro for enhancing that natural trait in me over the past year. I am a funny gal, I cannot help that, it was passed to me genetically from my dad's side, sorry mommy. But I had already read all about wild baby bunnies on the internet and I was just going to try anyway bc although some may say I should have just let them die the first night outside in the cold, that goes against my personality. I love animals, even fetal looking bunny babies. I would not have been able to sleep thinking of their widdle stiff bodies laying in the woods.
What happened was I put them in a plastic bowl with rags in it like I had read on this vet's website. It was in a shoebox. Sometime during the night Cuddles hopped out of the bowl in the shoebox and became trapped between the bowl and the shoebox wall and was probably too cold. Her little body didn't have rigor mortis when I found her so she couldn't have been dead a long long time.
On a brighter note, Snuggles is still feisty today. She was crazy for food when I took her out this morning and ate alot of milk plus pancakes and sausage. Her eyes still aren't open but her ears are starting to stand up and her tail is starting to assume the bunny position. She is definitely a lover and a fighter. I still have hope for her, even after the demise of Cuddles. So there.
hungrybunny

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

7:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Lisa Carter and i would like to show you my personal experience with Lexapro.

I am 39 years old. Have been on Lexapro for 2 years now. This medication had an almost immediate positive effect on my life. Within 2 to 3 days of starting Lexapro, there was a noticeable lift in my general mood. A WARNING ABOUT STOPPING OR WEANING OFF LEXAPRO: I started taking 10 mg daily a couple of years ago for about 2 months, then decided I just didn't want to take medicine every day. So I weaned myself off over a 2-wk period, first reducing the dose to 5 mg/day, then 5 mg every other day before I stopped altogether. I figured I would be able to tell if my mood was going downhill and I would just restart if it did. Well, there was no gradual decline. I was careful to monitor my mood and thoughts every day and everything went great for about 3 months, then C.R.A.S.H!!! I mean it hit me like a WALL, very very suddenly! Despite exercising 4-5x per week, healthy eating, etc., I hit an all-time low.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Constant dull headache, jittery in the morning if taken before bed, dizziness. These negative side effects subsided within a week or two. Other side effects have continued, including sleepiness and yawning, apathy, vivid (but great) dreams. My libido died and never came back.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Lisa Carter

11:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!