A slice of Middle America
Sunday, May 08, 2005

Walmart is the ultimate showcase for greedy American consumerism and I can't stay away. Whenever I'm near one I must venture inside to see what plastic shiny things I cannot live without and marvel at the plethora of products offered for sale that cover every racial, cultural and gender spectrum you could possibly imagine. Tonight was no different.

Things I Resisted Buying:
A t shirt (I'm assuming hockey related) that says "You slice the ice- or pay the price."
A child sized shiny pink papasan chair (I would've had to buy 2 of course)
A elephant shaped peanut butter maker. No lie. It was in the toy section with the Easy Bake Ovens and the Snoopy Snocone Machine.
A neon rainbow pack of plastic Solo cups (that'll shoot the ozone layer all to heck, kids.)
All things Mary Kate & Ashley

Things I Did Not Resist Buying:
2 new sets of shoes for my mammals
A set of sand scooper toys shaped like crabs. (they rock & 88 cents for 2- come on.)
A box of Cinnabon soft cookies
Underwears with monkeys on them.

I am just a cog in the consumer wheel, people.

PS snuggles is still kickin!- keep those cards and letters coming.
More tomorrow and/or when my brain is back at at least 80% minimum function.
Happy Mommy's Day to the mommies of the world.
xok8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!