I met a great guy...
Sunday, July 10, 2005

Today I felt my stomach leap out of my body as I watched my child fall on her head down about 5 steps on a set of steep old wooden stairs. I'm sure you've heard the saying "Having a child is like having your heart walk around outside your body" or something corny like that. But man, I tell you, it is so very true. The depth of emotion you feel for your children is so freaking intense. Not that they don't bug the everloving frootloops out of me a large portion of the time, but that's life. I have to tell you though, as I watched her bang down repeatedly on her big pumpkin head, although my first instinct was to gasp, and I felt nauseous for about an hour afterwards from the adrenaline, I did not panic (for longer than 2 seconds,) I simply grabbed her as fast as I could and held her to me and shushed her while I was examining her noggin for injuries. I had a feeling of calm security that no matter what if anything was wrong with her, I could get through it. Because of the guy I met.

(I know that alot of peeps who read what I write here are not Christians and that's cool. I still love you the same. I think that alot of what's wrong with organized religion today is that there are too many wacked out extremists trying to push Jesus down peoples' throats. Just turn on the Inspirational Channel any day and you can see it. Christians who read this will think, well, if you don't try to convert people to Christ you are not fulfilling your obligation. True that. But my personal perspective is although I do consider myself a big Jesus freak, how will I ever show God's love to someone if they run away screaming after they talked to me bc I told them they were gonna burn in Hell? Can't there be a happy medium where I show you what God is like through me but I don't have to choke you with it? I think so. Of course though at any given time you can find at least 500+ people on the internet who will disagree with what I say. But this ain't their blog. HA!)

The depth of love I have for my kids is second only to the depth of emotion I have for God. Gasp! Yes, it's true. But because I know God and I are tight like that, I can have that security of knowing He has my kids' back as well as mine. That does not mean I think nothing bad will ever happen to me or my kids, it means I can get through it with a peace that comes only with Him.

Okay, it's getting too religious for you now, but listen- I have been there and done that with all the other stuff- Wicca, Ouija Boards, New Age, tarot, astrology, crystal "power," Happy Slappy Postive Thinking, Psychological and Philosophical reasoning, blah blah you name it I've tried it. That's how I have something to compare my life to now. That's how I know Jesus is real. That and a million other reasons but I couldn't begin to tell you in this widdle post. That's how I also know that you can't make people believe something just because you believe it. The only thing you can do is be an example to them and share things with them that happened to you, like what happened to me today, and pray that they will get the lightning bolt you got when you finally realized the truth.

Have I lost you yet? I'm starting to ramble, so let me finish telling you about the guy I met. He is the only one who could have possibly kept me here on this planet in spite of everything I did in my short but wacked out 33 years, and most especially through the past few years, fer sure. And today as I watched my poohbear Hannah Grace fall down the stairs. Do you know His name?




is anyone besides me having problems opening comments on my blog? please let me know. if you do have a problem, right click the comment link and choose open in a new window.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Online payment systems What happens if you snort celexa credit card debt northeast bankcard association Financial advisor fees Bikini line shaved health kindergarten lesson plan Lingerie french maid cloun of debit card One night in paris hilton Georgia power and light payment online applying card credit student guaranteed unsecured easy credit card

7:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Ceramic digital printing What is floor hockey metal spike shoe Audi a3 diesel engine performance upgrades nissan almera sedan interior complete sas womens shoes sales Alarm company control fire germany system Hunting backpacks fanny packs Fibromyalgia provigil Audi tt front chin spoiler north face and land shark sandals Cartoon kid running Cherokee cover jeep seat beautiful skin care products Cellphone replacement batteries Scketchers shoes Sofas modernos cama How to design t shirt timberland boots for toddlers

8:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! after+before+cellulite+synergy+treatment Laser hair removal side effects Milf upskirts Bathtubs special needs Kola for permanent hair removal Electrolysis+ hair removal Cue cat digital barcode scanner Smartdisk mp3 player Wheelchairs electric child cerebral palsy Free anal orgasm Suicide with ativan Aston martin db7 gt muffler pi radar detector Mdx acura used Vw plo refinance mortgage consolidate Safety eyewear raquetball Best cellulite cream

10:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reverse phone lookup

7:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Who's the Monkey Mama?

Name:
Location: Planet Twinstar, Monkeyville, United States

I'm a real live human person...the slightly wacky mom of 6 year old identical twin primate princesses and one 2year old monkeyboy. I'm divorced from a crazy baboon and remarried to a big snuggly gorilla. I thank God daily for my wonderful family and friends, without whom I would go berserk. My chirren are the cutest kids ever born (besides yours) and if you don't believe that you obviously need to see a shrink.


How is she feeling?

The Monkey Mama's imood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tmr


monkeysee

Contact me, the monkey mama. two_wild_monkeysatya hoo.com

Blogs I Dig & Other Rad Links:

Why not BLOGROLL ME!??


Why not BLOGROLL ME!??

1402021
Hit Counter
fmonkcounter

personat150


jesusrocks





jungleboogiea1
fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!


MOM3



Recently:




Archives:



+`- fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!